A downloadable game
I totally get it. Wordle is an awesome game! But those results shapes are so awesome, and they're just begging to be used somewhere else...
That's where Herdle comes in! Now you'll get to corral all of those wild results shapes into your own personal fields, scoring points for each row and column you can fill, and scoring even MORE for each cow (yellow square) you enclose within fences (green squares).
The single PDF includes four pages of rules, one page of four fields (play sheets) and one page of nine card-sized cutouts that you can fill in with your own results, friends' results, or just fun shapes you come across online!
Note: While the game is complete, it's not playtested yet. I also really wanna get a list of results for solo players (as in, if you earn [x] points you're the greatest farmer ever, etc) and a few pages of already-filled-in results cards for people who don't wanna peruse Twitter for results. I also still need to make the printer-friendly edition (for now you can just read the rules on the screen —they're simple anyway!— and print the score sheets in black and white if needed). As such, the game will be on sale for 99 cents until I get all of these things done! I'll make sure to send out an update when it's all complete, and then you can grab the updated files :D
Planned updates still remaining:
- Further playtesting!
- Creating a low-ink version of everything
- Creating a printable deck of cards that can be printed and used to play the game AND/OR a results table that uses a standard deck of cards
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
No reason needed; if you want a free copy of the full game, please take one.
If you want to support the game in one or more of the following ways, you can add more copies by:
- One community copy for each $1 spent on purchases of this game (so if you pay $2 I'll add 2 copies, if you pay $5 I'll add 5!)
- One community copy for each tweet about the game where you tag me (@bethmakesgames) so I can make sure I see it
- One community copy for each rating the game receives (be honest plz, even a 1-star review counts!)
- TWO community copies for each comment left on the game on this page (not including replies to posts)
I'll add copies once a week if any of these things are done, but if they happen to run out earlier than that, plz message me here or on Twitter and I'll get on it!
- Rules Variants!May 31, 2022
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.